Historically known as Allan's Mill Distillery, this limestone masonry structure was constructed in the early 1800’s. The building's later uses included furniture & agricultural equipment manufacturing, with tenants such as the Guelph Woollen Mills Company, The Taylor-Forbes Company Ltd., and the WC Wood Company Ltd. WC Woods Comapny Ltd. shut down their factory operations in the late 1990’s, and the building has been largely vacant since.
This project includes the renovation, restoration, and rehabilition of the existing site. The masonry will generally be preserved and, in select locations, the masonry will be rehabilitated to allow for specific requirements of the buildings’ reuse. Three wood windows at the third floor of Building 2C have been protected in place. These three windows will be restored; deteriorated window components (such as glass lights and muntin bars) will be replaced to match existing. In addition, new replacement windows to match existing will be provided in the facing window openings.
New uses of the site include a distillery, restaurant, patio & tasting room on the main floor, and business suites on the second and third floors.